Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods lets players step into the boots of a pagan chieftain, approaching the brutal backstabbing world of Crusader Kings through invasion, adventure, and holy war.
* Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
* Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
* Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
* Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
* Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground – lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
* Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
* Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
* Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods is scheduled to release in Q2 2013.